Monday 16 January 2012

Editing and Creating

Evening!

Taking some time out of the bedroom watching some footy at the end of my weekend-slash-day off from work - have had my first two residency gigs at Skuba here in Folkestone - both of them more than enjoyable and not that many requests which in itself is a very good thing.

Its also making me realise what the crowd is wanting in general - when I have had requests its been from a group of people not individuals - but that is to be expected. Had the inevitable requests for Rhianna in particular - but that was easily manoeuvred with some chunky extended mix of 'We Found Love' - so that was all good. Had some of my mates from work in the bar as well and so their requests for various Dubstep cuts were catered for as well as a ridiculous suggestion (at 11:30pm it was a mad suggestion - perhaps at throwing out time, PERHAPS!!) for Ray Charles' Shake Ya Tail Feather.

But still it was catered for in part thanks to Virtual DJs capability of being able to rely upon the support and database of Grooveshark's 12 million files - so I was able to cater for that last song in advance (it was asked for at work last Tuesday afternoon). I fear it might not be the last time I play that...

Back at work tomorrow - quite looking forward to hearing my workmates comments on the set from Saturday - from the comments left on FB - they were more than complimentary!!!

Nighty Night!

B
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment