Sunday 27 November 2011

A Bit Of Perspective.

Afternoon,

I was going to write a piece about last night's 3rd Cream Reunion, at Nation in Liverpool - and the euphoria that Quivver, Tilt, MWNN and Sam Lamont produced and unleashed on a fanatical crowd. I was then going to write about walking about the city centre for four hours whilst waiting for Lime Street to open. And then talk about the journey home.

That will have to wait.

As you will no doubt be aware - it seems that Football has lost another of its gifted luminaries - and yet it seems to be in the worse possible circumstances.

Gary Speed was a league-title winning, 85-time player for Wales, many of them captain of a team that included in his prime, Giggs, Rush, Hughes amongst others. He always gave his all whether that was during the 91-92 season when he won the title with Leeds being at the heart of a capacious Midfield of all the talents, or later in his career with Bolton, Newcastle and his boyhood club, Everton.

The circumstances surrounding his last hours (I hate using any of the D words, as I find them too final) - are as of yet not for known for certain - however, I would like to take this opportunity to pass on my condolences to his family, friends and fans in the football community.

B
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment